On day 12 we continued to talk about subtractive mixing with filters. We covered the following topics
- Subtractive mixing with filters
- Transmittance curves
- Ideal vs real fiters
- Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow (CMY) color system
- We also touched on color photography (and in particular the work of the physicist J. C. Maxwell) the early color films, including the two-color system and the three-color Technicolor system. We saw a nice example of early film created using the two-color system, for which the camera had rapidly changing red and green filters.
- An informal on-line resource on the use of subtractive color mixing in early film.
- Malcolm S Longair, “Maxwell and the science of color.” Phil. Trans. R. Soc. A 2008 366 1685-1696; DOI: 10.1098/rsta.2007.2178..Published 28 May 2008.