Color Physics @Hampshire, Day 4
Day 4 consisted of wrapping up the discussion of HSB, introducing the RGB model, and setting the groundwork for the upcoming discussion of physics.
- Review of of Hue, Saturation, and Brightness
- HSB cylinder
- Additive color mixing: We organized our observations of mixing of colored light from the previous class and introduced the RGB color model.
- Primary colors in additive mixing
- Complementary colors in the additive system
- RBG color model
- RGB cube
- Measurement in physics:
- What is science?
- Units and unit conversions
- Scientific notation and orders of magnitude. We watched Powers of Ten to get a better sense of what different powers of ten mean in terms of different scales, so that we can assess our answers to numerical problems.
Other Resources: A student pointed me to an interactive catalog of objects of a vast range of sizes, organized by powers of ten http://htwins.net/scale2/